Monday, September 22, 2008

One Life

One life can make a difference. Just one.



I was constantly reminded of that when we went on our annual CLC Encounter Retreat.



I watched as young men and women laid their lives down at the foot of the cross.



I watched as they traded in old identities for new ones.



I watched as they traded old mindsets for new ones, and I couldn't help but think of Hebrews 11.



Every person mentioned in that chapter stood for God in amazing ways. And what I find even more incredible is that so many of them stood alone. I thought about Paul, Esther, David, Deborah. Each one representing one life that made one big, enormous difference.



If all it takes is one life fully submitted to God, what could happen with 15?



Doesn't it just make your spirit tingle?

I love this picture. They look so small compared the the giant mountain (okay, hill) in front of them. But they conquered it - all of them. Together. And I have no doubt that they will conquer every mountain they face, physical or spiritual. Because you know what is more powerful than one life fully submitted to God?



15, 16, 17, 250, 5000 lives fully submitted to God and fully invested together in His Kingdom.



Tingly.

3 comments:

Elyxis said...

This does make me feel tingly ... God is gonna do some really incredible things in our lives and through our lives. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Unknown said...

Yes it is very necessary for an individual to have a spiritual belief in his life. As the spiritualism is the source of motivation and is the way to make us understand that how to live our life. Without a spiritual touch everything becomes worthless.There is one link which can give you the complete spiritual information.People who have not yet showered by the spiritual impact and eagerly want to know about spirtualism can visit http://www.succcess.org/ for gathering more and more imformation on spiritual life.

Cassie said...

tingly is a great word, this post gave me the tinglies and smiles!!

you've got a rad job... sometimes i wish i could be a fly on the first year wall and watch the changes that take place in 9 months. but then again a fly on the first year wall might get squished.