Thursday, September 18, 2008

He Answered

Have you ever looked at the overwhelming statistics that exist in our world today?

  • Every 15 seconds, another child becomes an AIDS orphan in Africa
  • Every day 5760 more children become orphans
  • Every year 2,102,400 more children become orphans (in Africa alone!)

143,000,000 orphans in the world today spend an average of 10 years in an orphanage or foster home, but...

Every 2.2 seconds, another orphan child ages out of the system with no family and no place to call home. So, by the time you are done reading this blog, about 23 orphans will be homeless. Many of them get trapped as sex slaves, and the cycle continues.

It's overwhelming, and difficult to know how to help. But you CAN help. I CAN help.

Many months ago, my friend, Bo Stern, looked at these statistics and asked God possibly the greatest question that can be asked: "What can I do?" And He answered. Big. Many of you will read her blog and learn about Amani. But if I can get this to even one person she can't, that's powerful.

Want to know more? You should! Click here.

3 comments:

Danny Schulz said...

the link doesn't work...

Danny Schulz said...

the link doesn't work

Bo Stern said...

You're grand! Thanks so much. Also, I remembered to print my itinerary which is a small victory given the CRAZY of this week and I'll see you on Monday. :)