Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why Computers Are Sissies

So, my computer has been having a hard time lately. It all started one winter day, not so very long ago. I would like to make this small disclaimer - that my computer was purchased in the ancient time of 2003, so it's bound to have issues anyway. That being said... It was a beautiful winter day - the kind of day you want to just sit by a fireplace and read and nap all day long.


On this particular day, I was at Backporch enjoying a delicious coffee beverage and was joined by a friend (who shall remain nameless). On snowy days, sometimes coffee just doesn't cut it. Sometimes you need something a little more comforting...something like tea...tea with honey. Anyway, you can guess what happened next - the tea somehow fell in love with my computer and decided to give it a little smooch...okay the entire cup of tea was poured onto my computer. And since that day it has had...issues.


Needless to say, the days of the beautiful blue Dell Inspiron are over. It has gotten to the point where I can no longer handle it. But here's the thing. I've had tea with honey spilled on me. I've been dropped. I've been shut down. But you don't see me slowing down or shutting off - refusing to get the job done.



Oh no, I press on dear friends. I press on. I don't give up, and I don't quit doing what I was created to do. No matter what information I have to download, or what errors I face, I am faithful to continue on.


And that, my friends, is why computers are sissies.

3 comments:

jjschulz said...

Good point. I concur.

Elyxis said...

I am sad to see ol' blue go... well not really :) now you can get a super cool new computor that can do anything, well at least if no beverages decide to fall in love with that one too...

Bo Stern said...

The most embarrassing item in our home is our computer keyboard, the contents of which could feed a small child a filling dinner. Fortunately, it's just a keyboard and not the whole computer...and we really oughta get up off the $15 and make that happen, but instead we turn it upside down and shake it a lot. Maybe that would work with Old Blue as well.